Monday, September 28, 2009

Sitting and Waiting

Well today marks day number 5 in the hospital with dad...I actually wised up and brought my computer today. For those of you who know him, know he is not a patient man. I guess the Lord does give you what you need, because he is being so patient. Maybe he just doesn't feel well, but he is doing so well with this waiting thing. He is starting to feel better, and hopefully we will get out tomorrow. As I sit here, I think of all the patients I have treated or been involved with and am awe struck by their ability to endure the waiting day in and day out. Dad's down time has made me think so much that I don't know if I have the strength to endure a long standing illness. I guess the Lord provides what you need in all things. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is "I can do everything through him who gives me strength"-Phillippians 4:13 , I try to hold true to this day in and day out. I hope you the same strength that Jesus Christ can give you. He truly is the key to everlasting life and the reason we are so blessed. Dad told me when I got here this morning that he prayed and talked to the Lord like he had never done. Within an hour, he felt like getting up and taking a shower. He looks like a different person. I know that the healing hand of God has been placed upon Dad and he will recover. This is just a small speck in the life we live towards eternity! My love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment