Sunday, April 4, 2010

After That...








"The angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.'"

Matthew 28:5-6a (NIV)


Happy Easter to each and every one! Praise be to God for this glorious day!!! This weekend we celebrate Easter, in my opinion the biggest Christian event!! Due to the sacrifice of our Lord, we all can have eternal life. Our Pastor preached on "After That"...meaning after we die there is something else (are you ready???) Not because of anything we do, but because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and His victory over death. This weekend has been very emotional for me, and I'm not for sure why. I have just been overwhelmed! I am typically not a very emotional person but I have not been able to contain it this weekend. I think I have really been thinking of the sacrifice and pain that Jesus endured and just don't feel worthy. I really try to be a Servant of God, but fall short every day! I am a sinner, who needs to talk to the Lord more and follow his word more completely.


This weekend is often overlooked by the Easter Bunny, Spring Break, NCAA tourneys, and the prep for Easter; I wonder how many people really have put the same time and energy into celebrating and recognizing our Lord and Savior, the true meaning of this season! I pray that my kids fully understand the reason we have these fun activities and why this is such an important season! As I pray everyone else does!!


In preparing for Communion mediation for our KidZone, I found scripture, prepped a statement, and was ready to go. Once I stood in front of our kids, I just couldn't pull it together. I couldn't think of anything except what our Savior did on that Cross many years ago. I couldn't think of one thing I had prepared, I just had to wing it. As I tried to pray, I just cried. As I tried to breathe, I just cried. As I tried to leave and get it together, I just cried. I definitely believe the Holy Ghost was speaking to me, and helping me see the true purpose of this day! I believe in times of stress and heartache the Lord will speak to us when we least expect it. I believe it is His way of keeping us in check and making sure we keep our eye on the prize of 'After That'.


So, during this Easter weekend I pray for a celebration and recognition that Jesus is alive!! He is risen! He has prepared for us a place After That!!! I hope to see you all there, in many years to come!!




No comments:

Post a Comment