Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Be Still...

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."

Wow, this is a tough one! Be still and know that I am God! This is a tough one. I am personally not good at being still. I am a busy body, always doing. The Bible tells us to be patient, discerning, still, quiet, and steadfast; along with many other attributes of stillness. There are many times I pray or request something and want it now. I don't want to be still or patient. In this fast paced world we live, we are not wired to be calm, motionless, and peaceful. But, if we are living in accordance with God's word we are commanded to do so. I challenge each of us to take a moment and just breath with the Lord. Take a moment and be still. Only in these times can we truly acknowledge God's plan for us and fully grasp the depth of God's love for us. He is the Master Planner and will speak to us if we just listen. So, break from the rat race and inhale the Lord's presence, his fragrance, his plan; I am sure you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment