Friday, March 5, 2010

Signs of Spring

Well, the firsts of spring are showing their much anticipated entrance. In our house, that means lots of outside playing, lots of boys, and lots of requests for 'spotlight'. I have to say I love it! These boys are growing up soooo fast, I can barely stand it. I mean today there were GIRLS here! And, they liked my BOYS!!! All eight of them! As I sit and write this, I can hear the boys upstairs joking, whispering, and giggling! I never in a million years expected to love the life of boys like I do. I always thought I would have the cheerleader with the cute pony tails! Who I would put in pink dresses and paten leather shoes! Instead, I have two of the most amazing football, basketball, and baseball players in the world. In addition to being good athletes, I believe they are growing into two wonderful young men. I pray they are instilled with the love of the Lord, a sense of compassion, a strong work ethic, and a tenderness towards their future mate. It is my hope these characteristics will be impressed into their core and soul. TJ and I both are passionate for people, and I hope they are as well! Without passion, all of us would be, in a sense, hopeless!

Of course I have to think of Easter and the passion our God has for each of us. Thanks be to Him for the passion that gives us hope and saves us! The bible writes of His love for us, his compassion for all, his strong work ethic in completing his mission, and of course his tenderness towards each beating heart. At Easter I pray you each have the disposition of our Lord. I believe with Him as our commander and chief, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment