Sunday, March 21, 2010

Patience of Job

"At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head.
Then he fell to the ground in worship." Job 1:20 (NIV)


I looked up a daily scripture, and the above was it. So, I thought I'd write with it as my focus. So, in this piece of scripture Job had just found out his children had died. And, he fell to the ground in WORSHIP!! WOW, I wonder if I could do that. We are taught by God's word that He has a plan for our life and we are to give thanks to Him in all things. But, in the death of my children??? Would I be able to worship Him? That's much to ask, right?? I have friends who have lost children and I wonder how they are able to get up each day! I know grieving parents who have found the joy of the Lord and also know parents who turn their back on the Lord. I hope all parents of deceased children know that God loves them and will see them through.

We celebrated women today at our church and tried to lift up those who needed it. Thanks be to God that I personally am not a 'broken woman'. I have been blessed with a loving husband, loving parents, loving friends, and loving children all who thrive and support me. I continue to recieve the many blessings I am not worthy of, but am provided with due to God's unwavering grace. In a time when people are struggling, I pray we each remember to love one another and lift one another up. We have a responsibility to serve one another as God served us!!

Lastly, I pray I have the patience nearing that of Job and worship God in all I do. I know I fall short of His glory, but hope I fall closer with each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment