Monday, May 25, 2009

Family Time

Today is Memorial Day, a time to reflect on those that have lost this battle we call life on the battlefield. I am truly grateful for the many who have fought and still fight for our freedom. They truly are the heroes of our generation. I read the book The Greatest Generation, and have to say that 'our generation' truly can not compare. The book discusses the fight of both the men and women of the WWII era and the sacrifices they all made for our often misguided freedoms. In reading it, I have to admit we truly aren't worthy and even capable of completing what those folks did. They truly held the spirit of the USA to their heart and did whatever needed to succeed at home and in the war front. I hate to sound like my dad, but 'our generation' really just doesn't get it. For anyone who reads, I highly recommend it...you might have a different view of our county and the freedoms it possesses!

Anyhoo, our family has had a great weekend with friends and family! I truly do enjoy having people in my home and 'entertaining'. We had some great fun in the neighborhood last night. Fire pit and all...we extinguished our fire around 2am. You know we are all too old for that stuff. I am paying for it today. But, I love me some Huff and Raines Family, and of course Mr. Withrow. I don't know if our 'other neighbors' appreciated it, but we did have a blast.

I am very blessed beyond belief to be surrounded by people who truly love me for who I am. And, they also love my kids like they were their own. So, today I say to all of you enjoy your fam and friends...they are what makes this crazy life worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment