Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Sandlot of SaddleDowns


Today started, of course, with a trip to the ballfield. Blake's game was cancelled but we still made the trip to look at the fields for later. They were a mess, but somehow those crazy coaches got one of the fields ready for gametime! We then had a busy day at the STE Carnival. The kids had a blast. But, I have to wonder how some parents think such an event is accomplished. I mean, we had to beg for parents/volunteers and then you see all of these people just walking around with their kids. My poor kids were on their own. I just have to question the commitment of some of these parents. They all loved their free tickets, and loved that 'everyone else' was doing the work! Oh well, it's the 80/20 principle right??


Then we were back in 'the hood' for the usual day of boys playing wildly in our yard. These kids just love to be outdoors. By dinner time there were about 10 hungry, little boys ready to devour the 2 pizzas I got them. They went through them in about five minutes flat. I think I am going to have to get a part time job to feed them.


I have to say I love being the go to house in the neighborhood. It reminds me of my childhood and life at home. My parents always provided for the whole neighborhood and we always had a house full. I hope my kids always want to be around me and TJ, and also hope the whole neighborhood wants to be here too. I love these times and hope they last forever. It is the busiest time, but the best as well. I love to get them in from the day and put them in the tub! They have used our tub more than we have.


Anyhoo, tomorrow holds its own set of fun times and experiences. It's off to church and then who knows what. The Sandlot of SaddleDowns is always open, so come on over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment