Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Today I celebrated my 9th mother's day! WOW, where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday Mr. Brett was placed in my arms for the first time. Today, I also have to think about my two beautiful grandmothers who are not with us. They have been gone for a while but I think about them so much! I know without their love and prayers I would never have become the person I am today.

I hope my children know how much they are loved, especially my their special mama...my mom! Her eyes just light up when she sees each one of them, and I have the say the feeling is mutual. Brett and I saw an older grandma at the Dr. last week and her daughter was helping her gently out the door. Brett looked at them and had the biggest smile on his face. I asked what he was looking at, and he said..."she is cute". I asked him if he would help mama when she neede it, and he said, "of course, it's mama...I'll do anything for mama!" I hope I have instilled in him a service heart and he does really help his mama when she needs it.

Today on Mother's Day, I celebrated by absolutely doing nothing! TJ gave me the opportunity to veg out and take a huge nap. I greatly appreciated it! Now, I am uploading pictures and taking a moment to write. I hope everyone enjoyed today, and also celebrated their Mother today. Mom's hold a very special place in all our hearts. They have given us all life, which we should be eternally grateful. I will say not all moms are as wonderful as mine, and I am sorry for that.

I hope we all remember that celebrating and cherishing our Mothers is a God given directive and privilege!! Tell your Mom you love her, and more importantly be ready to serve her when she needs it. I am sure she will appreciate it and also welcome the assistance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment