Monday, May 18, 2009

Pressure...

Today Brett has his first round of WESTEST testing at school. I really can't believe he is old enough for formal testing. I can kind of remember my testing in elementary school. I have to say there is much more pressure on these kids today. Brett is saying that he has to do well because it determines funding for the school. I didn't even know or care how we were funded in my younger years!! Brett is usually not a kid who gets too upset or stressed about things, but he is a little concerned about this testing! It makes me wonder of the pressure we are putting on our kids...

Both of the boys are now playing organized sports and they love it!!! But, I have to say they both feel the pressure of it also. Blake was 'yelled at' by his dad last week and he wasn't real happy about it. He wasn't having a great game, and he 'needed it' per se! He did straighten up and played better, but really it was killing me that he was yelled at!!

They both love their perspective sports and will learn to deal with the pressure of the game, but sometimes I wonder if we started them too early! They are both good athletes and I am glad for the opportunity to watch them. But...wouldn't it be nice to enjoy the weekends and not having them worried about winning the next game.

Anyhoo, just a ramble by a psycho mom of 2 great boy athletes!! I love it really, and hope they continue to use the skills they are learning on the field, off of the field. I am a believer that they will be better kids and adults with sports in their life! Have a great day all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment